Ambika Rao was an Indian actress and assistant director who primarily labored in Malayalam movies. She was well-known for her function as Child’s mom within the Malayalam movie Kumbalangi Nights (2019). She died on 27 June 2022 after a cardiac arrest.
Ambika Rao within the movie ‘Kumbalangi Nights’
Ambika Rao was born on Saturday, 6 July 1963 (age 58 years; on the time of loss of life) in Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Salt and Pepper
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Ambika’s father’s identify was Rao Chettan, who was a Marathi artist. She had 5 siblings, three sisters and two brothers. Certainly one of her brothers’ names is Ajith Warrier, who’s a Tabla participant.
Ambika Rao along with her siblings
Husband & Children
The identify of Ambika’s husband is just not recognized, however in an interview, she mentioned that she received divorced in 1999. She had two sons, Rahul and Sohan.
In line with some media homes, she resided close to Thiruvambadi Temple in Thrissur on the time of her loss of life.
Ambika made her performing debut in 2006 with the movie Kisan by which she performed the function of Ammalu.
Poster of the movie ‘Kisan’
She appeared in different motion pictures together with Lord Livingstone 7000 Kandi (2015), Virus (2019), Secure (2019), Kumbalangi Nights (2019), and Paapam Cheyyathavar Kalleriyatte (2020). The movie Paapam Cheyyathavar Kalleriyatte was the final movie by which she acted earlier than dying.
Poster of the movie ‘Paapam Cheyyathavar Kalleriyatte’
Ambika made her debut as an assistant director in 2002 with the Malayalam movie Krishna Gopalakrishna.
Poster of the movie ‘Krishna Gopalakrishna’
She was an assistant director within the movie Nagaram in 2007, and Daddy Cool in 2009.
Poster of the movie ‘Nagaram’
In 2016, she directed the movie ‘Smarana,’ which was shot in her personal flat as a result of she was dealing with monetary points.
Ambika died on 27 June 2022 in Ernakulam, Kerala as a consequence of cardiac arrest. Earlier than her loss of life, she was additionally identified with Covid-19. In 2017, she was admitted to the hospital after her kidney failure. In 2019, she was identified with dialysis. In 2020, she spent all her financial savings on her brother, who was affected by a cardiac arrest and stored her personal therapy at a halt. In 2020, she wanted cash for her personal therapy for which she requested for assist from her followers. In a social media submit, she wrote,
The dialysis has been very taxing on my well being; I’m unable to work as earlier than. Furthermore, the lockdown and subsequent restrictions have critically affected the movie trade and my job alternatives. We want extra money to pay for all medical bills. Therefore, I considered beginning a fundraiser on Ketto.org to hunt assist from the folks.”
- Amika’s hobbies included hanging out with pals and portray.
- When she was a child, she went to theatres to observe motion pictures along with her father and siblings.
- She made a comeback to motion pictures after her divorce in 1999.
- She labored as a knowledge entry operator and a waiter earlier than making her debut in movies.
- She was additionally requested to show Malayalam to actors earlier than she turned an assistant director. She additionally taught Malayalam to Usha Uthup for varied songs. She was usually referred to as by the identify ‘The Coach’ on units as a result of she taught Malayalam to the actors.
- Ambika used to remain alone in a flat in Kochi, and to do away with the aloofness, she would permit actors to remain at her place whereas capturing for his or her movies.