Argentine professional footballer Angel Fabian Di Maria plays for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and for the Argentina national team. He can play as a winger or attacking midfielder. A world-class winger in his prime. He began his career with Rosario Central before signing for Benfica aged 19. In just five years, he won a Primeira Liga title, the first one in five years, and two Taça da Liga titles. Di Maria joined Real Madrid in 2010 for €25 million, where he won La Liga and the Champions League.A year later, he moved to Paris Saint-Germain for a then-British record transfer fee of £59.7 million (€75.6 million). In France, Di Maria won five league titles, five Coupe de France titles, and four Coupe de la Ligue titles, including three domestic quadruples. Also, he is the club’s ninth-highest goalscorer and all-time assist leader. Di Maria debuted for Argentina at age 20 and has since earned over 120 caps, including eight major tournaments. Di Maria helped Argentina win the 2021 Copa América, scoring the only goal in the final, with the goal that clinched the gold medal at the Olympics in 2008.
Angel Di Maria Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Ángel Fabián Di María|
|Age||34 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Rosario, Argentina|
|Date of Birth||14 February 1988|
|Home Town||Rosario, Argentina|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother’s Name||Diana Hernández|
|Father’s Name||Miguel Di María|
|Sister(s)||• Evelyn Di María Hernández
• Vanesa Di María Hernández
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Jorgelina CardosoAngel Di Maria With His Wife|
|Marriage Date||July 30, 2011|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||Daughters- • Mia Di Maria
• Pia Di Maria
Sons- NoneAngel Di Maria With His Wife And Daughters
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Gestifute|
|Debut Club||• August 6, 2015: Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
• August 26, 2014: Manchester United F.C.
• July 8, 2010: Real Madrid CF
• July 27, 2007: S.L. Benfica
• 2005: Club Atletico Rosario Central
|Debut International||• 2008: Argentina national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.)
• 11 (Argentina national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
• Argentina national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 87 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||37 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||29 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Italian|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Winger|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
We here at news4buffalo would like to share the full story of a Football Genius who is also known by his cool nickname, “Noodle”.In our version of Angel di Maria’s life story, which includes his childhood story, as well as the events from when he was a child until the present time, we bring you a detailed description of the notable events of that time.Ex-Real Madrid star, Inaki Williams’s life story is analyzed from the perspective of his life story before fame, his relationship life, his family life, and OFF-Pitch’s little-known facts about him.Yes, everyone knows about his abilities, but few consider Angel di Maria’s Biography, which is quite interesting; read on. Now, without further ado, let’s get started.He was born on 14 February 1988, on St. Valentine’s day, in Rosario, Argentina, to Angel Fabian Di Maria Hernandez and his parents. It has to be said that Di Maria is the most successful footballer in the public eye to have entered the world on the day of St. Valentine’s Day 1988, aside from Christian Enkser and Edinson Cavani.He grew up in Perdriel, where he was one of three children of Diana Hernandez and Miguel Di Maria, who are both from Perdriel. The infant Angel di Maria was unusually active in sports as a child, and upon the recommendation of a doctor, he enrolled in football at the age of three.Rodrigo De Paul Biography, Age, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & WikiAfter the boy’s physician recommended that the boy’s parents let him go for sports in order to give way to his bursting energy, Angel began practicing football.According to his father, he said:Having been restless as a child, I was hyperkinetic. The doctor told me, ‘The boy needs to do some sport and he will become calmer. ‘And instead of karate, we prefer him to play football instead.”While he was playing football, he also volunteered at a local coal yard with his two sisters, Vanesa and Evelyn, along with helping his parents with their work. Di Maria’s parents struggled to keep up with his hobbies as a result of the low income his family earned, which made it difficult for them to purchase football boots.In the opinion of Angel Di Maria,“It’s something I will always keep inside me. For me to play football and have boots meant my two sisters went without,”In an interview he stated the following:I lived in such a miserable existence that when the weather was bad, all they had was a metal roof over their heads. But both me and my sisters worked in the coal yard as wet labor. I started at the age of 10 and by the age of 15, I was helping to deliver coal.In addition, it is pertinent to mention that Di Maria signed with local club Rosario Central in 1995 (having been noticed at the age of seven playing for a tiny local team and bought 30 footballs) and graduated from the youth academy of the club in 2005.I am updating Angel Di Maria’s bio at the moment and he has just made history with his country. With Lionel Messi and Leandro Paredes, he has won the long-awaited Copa America for Argentina together with his fellow PSG teammates. The rest of his Bio is now history.There is one woman who is at the center of Angel Di Maria’s love story. I am not joking. It is none other than the blonde Argentinian, Jorgelina Cardoso who is about five years older than him. It is no secret that Jorgelina is known all over Argentina for her well-toned body beauty. It was for this reason that Di Maria approached her when he was at the height of his career at Benfica.There was a time when he was called “Magic Tri Maria” by all the newspapers in Portugal. As a young man, he was backed by Diego Maradona to become “Argentina’s next superstar”.According to Argentine media reports, Jorgelina is the biggest fan of her football-playing husband and is not scared to lob the ear of anyone who dares to criticize him. It did not take long before Di Maria appointed her as his manager.Jorgelina Cardoso was the brain behind the success of the Argentine team. It was because of her that Di Maria began to feel more confident on the field. As a result of these achievements, he was offered a move to Real Madrid, as announced shockingly, by the Portuguese Stock Exchange regulatory body.In the course of all this success, Angel Di Maria decided to cement his love for his fellow Argentine Jorgelina (nee Cardoso) by sending her a love letter. The couple got married in 2011 (two years after they met).It was in 2013 when their daughter Mia was born. In spite of her ill health, the girl was forced to stay in the hospital for two months as a result of her illness. She was born prematurely three months ago, and after spending time in an intensive care unit at the Hospital Universitario Monteprincipe in Madrid, she survived.Thankfully, Mia survived her scare. In honor of Jorgelina’s first birthday, she posted photos on Instagram with the caption, “Nobody knows how painful it was to see your face covered with medical cables except for me and Dad.”Continuing, she said:There is no worse feeling in the world than to go home from the hospital with empty arms. Our pillows were wet with tears every night. And now we are proud to say that you are a strong, healthy, happy girl. You have won the battle for your life and for our lives.Angel Di Maria’s family was not the most wealthy one of the lot in La Ceramica. In fact, he comes from a very disadvantaged background. Di Maria considers himself today to be a family man and he has been using a significant amount of his salary to give back to his family.Shehnaz Kaur Gill Instagram, Age, Affairs, Biography, & Net WorthWhen he was transferred to Benfica, he asked his father not to work anymore and he also bought a house for his parents and sisters. It should be noted that Miguel’s father, Angel, was also a decent footballer, but his dream of becoming a River Plate player was dashed after he suffered a career-ending knee injury just before he was to make his debut.In place of that, he worked in a coal yard for 16 years, earning a meager wage during that time. With two sisters occupying the same room as him, Miguel’s son Angel soon realized that football would be his opportunity to achieve a better life (Lionel Ntesss was also raised in Rosario, although his middle-class upbringing paved the way to a rather more gilded childhood).Diana Hernandez, the mother of Angel Di Maria, is the one who is primarily to be blamed for her son’s involvement in football. Because of his failure as a football player, her husband was afraid that his son would pick football as a career path. Even though she knew that her husband was still passionate about soccer, she encouraged him to accept the new circumstances.After a doctor recommended that Little Angel (2 years old) play a sport (such as martial arts or football) to control his youthful hyperactivity, she decided the little angel would play football.There are two of them – his younger siblings. Evelyn Di Maria Hernandez and Vanesa Di Maria Hernandez are Angel De Maria’s sisters. Evelyn and Vanesa helped their parents and elder brother (Angel) with work at the local coal yard during their childhood.Like many footballers, he is fond of tattoos. Several of his childhood friends and he had the same phrase inked on their left forearms before he left for Benfica: “To be born in El Perdriel was and will always be the best thing that has ever happened to me.”.Once upon a time, Real Madrid wanted to sell the winger despite his excellent performances. It was when they spent £80 million on another left-footer, Gareth Bale (who has the same heart-shaped celebration, too), but Di Maria stood firm.He never requested a showdown with the club about why he was hated. Apparently, his daughter was seriously ill at the time. The winger refused to let his personal drama affect his performance for his club and even scored the winning goal in the Madrid derby against Maio just five days after his daughter was born.Despite winning the UEFA man of the match award in the 2014 Champions League final, he was still sold. He might be moving to FC Barcelona to take revenge, according to rumors at the time of writing.Most likely, his family has ties to the nation. In addition, his nickname is ‘Fideo’, the Noodle.Angel is an exceptionally hard worker despite his small stature. Although he is a natural striker, he also has defensive tendencies. Angel Di Maria, who admitted tax fraud in mid-2017, was sentenced to one year in prison.The charge stems from an image rights deal between the Argentine and Real Madrid. During his four-year tenure at the Bernabeu, he is said to have defrauded the Spanish government out of 1.14 million pounds.He has reportedly admitted to both counts of fraud and will pay a fine of £1.76 million to avoid a trial at the Spanish Supreme Court.Despite receiving the prison sentence, Di Maria is unlikely to spend any time behind bars. As long as the convicted has no criminal record, sentences of under two years are suspended in Spain.He was at Manchester United at the time of the unfortunate incident. On the 31st of January 2015, Di Maria’s house in Prestbury, Cheshire, was broken into.After thieves broke into the former Manchester United winger’s house, his wife could not return home. She was shaken up all day and her stay at Manchester United and England came to an end with this. Despite United’s round-the-clock security, Di Maria moved his family to a faraway hotel. In the next transfer window, Di Maria left United and England.Di Maria was born on the same day that Buzz Aldrin, the second person to walk on the moon, married Lois Driggs Cannon at the age of 58. They are now divorced and the settlement allowed her to keep her Mercedes, which has ‘MOONGAC’ number plates.Even Diego Maradona is not known to have praised Di Maria on several occasions. His idol as a youth was Kily Gonzalez, a former Valencia and Inter winger who played 56 times for Argentina and was predominantly left-footed, like Di Maria.He watched Gonzalez play for Rosario Central in 1995 and then became his teammate when he was promoted to the first team at the age of 17. Gonzalez grew angry with Di Maria when he left him exposed on the flank during a match. Di Maria said, “Those are the kinds of things you never forget.”Jessica Alba Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Angel Di Maria Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?In Oct 2018 the right-winger signed a contract with Paris Saint-Germain that nets him a whopping salary of $7 million per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns $19,444 dollars per day and $810 dollars per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$18.00 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||$7.00 million|
|Per Month Salary||$583,333|
|Per Week Salary||$134,615|
|Per Day Salary||$19,444|
|Per Hour Salary||$810|
|Per Minute Salary||$13.50|
|Current Contract||With Paris Saint-Germain|
|Contract Signed||Aug 6, 2015|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$55.00 Million|
|Market Value||$16.50 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$71.50 Million (Oct 5, 2014)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||CorvetteAngel Di Maria With His Car|
The mercurial Argentinian winger has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world including Real Madrid CF, Manchester United FC, and most recently Paris Saint-Germain. During his illustrious career he has conjured up a net worth of close to $18.00 million; the 34-year-old Wideman still commands a market value in the region of $16.50 million.
Angel Di Maria In FIFA 2022
Angel Di Maria is currently 34 years old and plays as an attacking right winger for Paris Saint Germain. His overall rating in FIFA 22 is 87, with a potential rating of 87. According to his skill move rating, Allister has a 5-star rating. His preferred foot to shoot with is the left foot. Generally, his work rate is High / Medium. In accordance with our database, Allister’s height is 180 cm and his weight is estimated to be 75 kg. At the moment, Angel Di Maria wears the numbers 11 and 11 on his jersey.The following are some of his best stats:
- Curve: 83
- FK Acc.: 81
- Long Shots: 80
- Crossing: 79
- Ball Control: 78
- Di Maria joined Rosario Central at age four. As he had already committed to playing for Torito, 35 footballs were provided as compensation.
- Di Maria made his professional debut on 14 December 2005 in Rosario’s final fixture of the 2005/06 season, a 2–2 draw away to Independiente.
- In the following season’s Apertura, he scored his first goal minutes after replacing Leonardo Borzani at half-time in a 4–2 home win over Quilmes.
- Boca Juniors bid US$6.5 million for him after he played at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada.
- He was also approached by the English club Arsenal, but the move was thwarted by the United Kingdom’s strict rules regarding work permits.
Angel Di Maria’s journey with Benfica
- He was transferred to the Portuguese side Benfica in July 2007.
- His signing was meant to replace Benfica’s departing captain, Simao, who joined Atlético Madrid earlier that summer.
- As part of the deal, Benfica paid Rosario Central €6 million for 80% of his rights and 50% of Andrés Diaz’s.
- In August 2008, the Portuguese club paid an extra €2 million for the remaining 20% but re-sold 10% to GestiFute.
- Benfica signed Di Maria to a new deal in October 2009, adding three more years to his current deal, which was to last until 30 June 2015, with a release fee of €40 million.
- He was backed by Diego Maradona to become Argentina’s next superstar.
- Di Maria scored his first hat-trick against Leix*es on 27 February 2010. The next day, he was called “Magic Tri Maria” in all sports papers in Portugal.
Angel Di Maria’s journey with Real Madrid
- Real Madrid posted on their website that they had reached an agreement with Benfica regarding Di Maria’s transfer.
- The Portuguese Stock Exchange announced one day later that he had signed a five-year contract worth €25 million-plus €11 million in incentives.
- Di Maria arrived in Madrid from Buenos Aires on 7 July and passed the medical on 8 July.
- He made his debut on 4 August 2010 against American side América, a match Real Madrid won 3–2.
- On 22 August, Di Maria scored his first goal in a 2–1 friendly win over Hércules.
- In the last pre-season match, on 24 August, in what was a “magic moment”, he opened the 2–0 win against Penarol for the Santiago Bernabéu Trophy with a goal.
- On 29 August, he made his league debut against Mallorca.
- In Real Madrid’s 1–2 away win over Real Sociedad on 18 September, Di Maria scored his first league goal.
- Ten days later, he scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League against Auxerre. Ten days later, he scored his first goal against Sevilla.
- On 22 December, Di Maria assisted Benzema’s two goals and Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal in an 8–0 rout of Levante.
- He scored the third and final goal in a 3–0 win over Lyon to send Real Madrid to the quarterfinals for the first time in seven years.
- On 5 April 2011, Di Maria scored Real Madrid’s third goal during their first-leg Champions League quarter-final win over Tottenham Hotspur.
- He was sent off in the 81st minute of extra time in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona in April.
- The match finished 1–0, with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring the lone goal (in the 13th minute of extra time) from across the cross, thereby obtaining his first honor with Real Madrid.
- Following the summer break, Di Maria struggled to adapt to the pace of the league during the 2011–12 season.
- Di Maria’s early season performances were mixed with moments of genuinely good play interspersed with moments of sheer madness.
- During Real Madrid’s 1–0 defeat to Levante, a clearly out-of-sorts Di Maria committed a horror foul on Juanfran.
- On the field, Di Maria caused a clash between the two teams. While Di Maria’s performances would improve, he would also open up a significant gap at the top of the assists table.
- In October 2011, Di Maria was chosen by Madrid head coach José Mourinho ahead of Kaká and Mesut Ozil, showing his growing form.
- In November 2011, Di Maria played 60 minutes against city rivals Atlético Madrid, in which he scored a goal. Mourinho’s team won 4-1.
- On 3 December 2011, Di Maria scored Real’s first goal in a 3–0 victory over Sporting de Gijón in La Liga.
- In the 3–0 win over Athletic Bilbao that clinched the league title, he was a constant threat and presence in the starting XI.
- Di Maria scored his first goal of the 2012 season against Barcelona in the first leg of the 2012 Supercopa de Espana at Camp Nou after a mistake by the Barcelona goalkeeper.
- Despite not having the best season, Di Maria contributed in big moments, for example by sending in the cross for Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal against Manchester United on 13 February. Di Maria registered 17 assists and scored nine goals in 52 matches, notably against Atlético Madrid and Málaga.
- Di Maria signed a new Real Madrid contract on 9 August 2012, keeping him at the club until 2018.
- Di Maria scored two goals against Copenhagen in Real Madrid’s 4–0 Champions League win.
- The following season, Di Maria’s playing position was permanently switched to that of a central midfielder due to tactical decisions by Carlo Ancelotti. He was often deployed alongside Luka Modrić and Xabi Alonso in midfield in the team’s 4–3–3 formation.
- The goal opened up the 1–2 victory over Barcelona in the 2014 Copa del Rey Final. La Liga’s top assist maker for the season was Di Maria, with 17.
- In the UEFA Champions League Final against Atlético Madrid on 24 May 2014, Di Maria dribbled past two players before pulling off a miraculous save on Thibaut Courtois.
- Di Maria’s teammate Gareth Bale headed in the rebound in the 110th minute to give Real Madrid a 2–1 lead over Atlético in an eventual 4–1 victory.
- UEFA named Di Maria man of the match after the match and presented him with the honor by former Manchester United head coach Sir Alex Ferguson.
- During Real Madrid’s UEFA Super Cup victory over Sevilla on 12 August, Di Maria was an unused substitute.
- The following week, in the first leg of the Supercopa de Espana, he played the final 15 minutes of a 1–1 draw at home against Atlético Madrid in place of Luka Modric.
Angel Di Maria’s journey with Manchester United
- He signed a five-year deal with Manchester United on 26 August 2014 for £59.7 million, one of the most expensive transfers of all time and the highest fee ever paid by a British club.
- Among his predecessors at United were George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Nevertheless, he said in an open letter to Real Madrid fans that he had never wanted to leave, but that the board had been unsupportive and unfair: “Someone may not like me.”
- Di Maria made his debut on 30 August in a 0–0 draw with Burnley, where he was substituted for Anderson after 70 minutes.
- On 14 September, he scored directly from a free-kick in a 4–0 win over Queens Park Rangers.
- In the same match, he also assisted Juan Mata’s goal, winning Man of the Match. Player Cam, which Sky Sports brought back for the match, highlighted his performance.
- Against Leicester City on 21 September, he also scored a goal and provided an assist, but United lost 5–3.
- Di Maria won the Manchester United Player of the Month award for September after recording two goals and two assists in his first four matches.
- After his goal against Leicester, in which he chipped Kasper Schmeichel, he won his second individual trophy at United, being voted Goal of the Month for September. On 5 October, Di Maria scored a goal and provided an assist for Radamel Falcao to help United defeat Everton 2–1.
- On 29 November, Di Maria was substituted with a hamstring injury into United’s 3–0 defeat of Hull City. He subsequently made only one substitute appearance in United’s next seven matches.
- Di Maria scored a late goal in a 0–2 win over Yeovil Town in the FA Cup third round on 4 January 2015.
- Louis van Gaal used him as a forward during a 0–1 home loss to Southampton a week later. Di Maria was struggling since October when he took up this new position.
- Di Maria was sent off in the FA Cup sixth round on 9 March, being booked for diving and grabbing the referee’s shirt, but had earlier set up Wayne Rooney’s equalizer.
- Di Maria was regarded as the worst signing of the season by online sources.
Angel Di Maria’s journey with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG)
- Di Maria failed to board a flight to the United States to join Manchester United’s pre-season tour; manager Louis van Gaal said he had no idea why.
- Earlier in August, it was reported Angel Di Maria would undergo a medical at Paris Saint-Germain; four days later, Manchester United confirmed Di Maria had signed for the French champions for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £44 million, and signed a four-year deal.
- Di Maria made his Ligue 1 debut on 30 August in a 0–3 win away to Monaco as a 66th-minute substitute for Lucas and assisted Ezequiel Lavezzi for the final goal.
- PSG’s Di Maria scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League on 15 September in a 2–0 win over Malmö FF at the Parc des Princes. PSG defeated Guingamp 3–0 seven days after he scored his first goal in Ligue 1.
- On 23 April 2016, Di Maria scored for PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue Final against Lille. With 18, Di Maria set a new Ligue 1 record for assists in a season.
- As part of PSG’s 3–0 victory over Basel in the 2016–17 Champions League group stage on 19 October 2016, Di Maria scored his first goal of the season.
- A few days later, on 19 November, he scored his first goal in Ligue 1 of the season, as he helped his team to a 2–0 victory at home against Nantes.
- It is safe to say that Di Maria scored a brace as PSG defeated Barcelona 4–0 in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 at the Parc des Princes on Friday, 14 February 2017.
- It was on 1 April that he scored in PSG’s 4–1 win over Monaco in the 2017 Coupe de la Ligue Final.
- The PSG player won 2–0 against Les Herbiers to clinch the 2017–18 Coupe de France on May 8, 2018.
- When his side faced his former club Manchester United in the Champions League round of 16 in the 2018–19 season, Di Maria sustained a serious injury from Ashley Young’s tackle. However, he refused to be substituted, and in the final moments of the match, he assisted Kylian Mbappé’s goal for a 0–2 win at Old Trafford.
- PSG eventually lost 1–3 in the second leg and was eliminated in the Round of 16 for the third consecutive season.
- In the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League group stage, Di Maria scored a brace in a 3–0 win over his former club Real Madrid.
- Di Maria scored a goal and created two assists in PSG’s 3–0 Champions League semi-final win over RB Leipzig in August 2020; the club lost to Bayern Munich in the final, 1–0.
- In September 2020, Di Maria received a four-game ban for spitting at Alvaro González during Le Classique 10 days earlier.
- There will be no matches against Angers, Nîmes, Dijon and Nantes. On 4 November, Di Maria scored the opening goal in a 2–1 Champions League loss to RB Leipzig.
- PSG won 3–0 against Rennes on his return to league action three days later.
- With two assists against Istanbul Başakşehir on 9 December 2020, Di Maria became the player with the third-most assists in Champions League history, only behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Di Maria extended his contract with Paris Saint-Germain for another season on 12 March 2021.
- Di Maria was sent off against Manchester City in the Champions League semi-finals for stamping on Fernandinho. He received a three-match ban in a European competition.
Sapna Vyas Patel Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
- Di Maria was chosen to play for the Argentina under-20 team in 2007.
- During the 2007 South American U-20 Championship in Paraguay, he was capped. He was selected to represent Canada at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup. Di Maria scored three goals as the team went on to win the tournament.
- Di Maria and some of his under-20 teammates were called up for the Argentina squad for the Beijing Olympics on 28 January 2008.
- During his team’s 2–1 quarter-final win over the Netherlands, he scored the game-winning goal in extra time on a pass from Lionel Messi.
- In the final game of the Olympic tournament on 23 August, Argentina’s Di Maria scored the game-winning goal – a chip over the goalkeeper from the edge of the area – in the 57th minute in a 1–0 victory over Nigeria to win its second-straight Olympic gold medal.
- Di Maria made his Argentina senior team debut against Paraguay on 6 September 2008.
Angel Di Maria in FIFA World Cup 2010
- The Argentinian manager Diego Maradona selected Di Maria for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa on 19 May 2010.
- Di Maria scored Argentina’s first international goal in their 5–0 friendly win over Canada on 24 May by hitting a shot off the post and into the goal.
- Having played in all five of Argentina’s matches and starting four of them, he helped the side reach the quarterfinals.
- On 11 August 2010, Di Maria scored the first international goal at Dublin’s new Aviva Stadium in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland as Argentina defeated them 0-1 following the World Cup.
Angel Di Maria in Copa America 2011
Di Maria played three times in the 2011 Copa América, scoring once in a 3–0 loss to Costa Rica in the group stage.
Angel Di Maria in FIFA World Cup 2014
- Argentina named Di Maria to its squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals after Di Maria appeared in 12 matches during the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign.
- Argentina’s round of 16 matches against Switzerland ended with Di Maria scoring the only goal on Lionel Messi’s assist after 118 minutes. Di Maria tore a muscle in his thigh during the quarter-final match against Belgium.
- After the match, it was announced that Di Maria would miss the rest of the tournament.
- His previous assist was Gonzalo Higuain’s only goal of the match that sent Argentina to the semi-finals. Argentina finished the tournament as runners-up to Germany.
- Di Maria was named on the shortlist for FIFA’s Golden Ball award for the tournament’s best player on 11 July.
- Di Maria assisted three and scored one in Argentina’s 2–4 win against world champions Germany on 3 September 2014.
Angel Di Maria in Copa America 2015
- As of May 28, 2015, Di Maria was named to Argentina’s squad for the 2015 Copa América.
- In the absence of Lionel Messi, he was selected to captain the team for a warm-up match against Bolivia on 6 June, scoring twice in a 5–0 victory.
- The following week, in their first match of the tournament against Paraguay in La Serena, Di Maria won a penalty that Messi converted in a 2–2 draw.
- On 30 June, he scored twice and assisted Sergio Agüero on his goal, as Argentina defeated Paraguay 6–1 to reach the final.
- He was injured within the first half-hour of the final against Chile, which his team lost on penalties after a scoreless draw.
Angel Di Maria in Copa América Centenario
- On 6 June 2016, Argentina’s Copa América Centenario opener against Chile was a rematch of the previous tournament’s final, in which Di Maria opened the scoring and then assisted Éver Banega’s goal in a 2–1 win.
- Di Maria dedicated the goal to his grandmother, who had recently passed away. His nation’s second group match took place against Panama on 10 June, and he assisted Nicolás Otamendi’s goal. He later came off due to injury.
- The match ended in a 5–0 victory for Argentina. As a result of his injury, Argentina reached the Copa América final for the second consecutive time, once again losing out to Chile on penalties after a 0–0 draw.
Angel Di Maria in FIFA World Cup 2018
During the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign, Di Maria made 18 appearances. In May 2018, manager Jorge Sampaoli named Di Maria to the 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. A long-range goal he scored against France on 30 June led to Argentina’s elimination from the World Cup in the Round of 16.
Copa America 2019
His name was included in Lionel Scaloni’s final 23-man Argentina squad for the 2019 Copa América.
Angel Di Maria in The Copa America 2021
- Di Maria was included in Argentina’s squad for the Copa América in 2021.
- The only goal of the match, scored by Papu Gómez, in Argentina’s third match of group play against Paraguay on 21 June allowed his side to reach the quarterfinals.
- Argentina won its first international title in 1993 after scoring the only goal in the final against Brazil on 10 July. It was the joint record 15th Copa América title with Uruguay.
- In the Brazilian penalty area, he ran onto a long pass from Rodrigo De Paul. Argentina took the lead early when Di Maria stroked the ball over the goalkeeper Ederson after a slight deflection by Brazilian defender Renan Lodi.
- Although he was substituted late in the second half, Argentina’s goal would hold as the winning effort.
Alexis Sánchez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Angel Di Maria
- Angel Di Maria holds both Italian and Argentine passports because his ancestors hailed from Italy.
- A fellow Argentine, Jorgelina, got married to him in 2011. Their daughter is named Pia.
- He is considered to be a family man. With his first paycheck, he forced his father to retire. Within weeks, he bought a house for his family.
- Di Maria is a quick, strong, tricky, and talented winger who can also play as a more central attacking midfielder or on either side of the pitch; however, he is predominantly a left-footed player.
- Under Carlo Ancelotti, he has also been deployed to great effect as a central midfielder.
- With his slim frame, Di Maria is an agile, creative, and highly technical player who possesses excellent dribbling skills and ball control, as well as great speed, stamina, movement, and acceleration, qualities that enable him to beat players easily in one-on-one situations.
- Additionally, he is gifted with excellent vision, set-piece delivery, passing, and crossing abilities, which allow him to function effectively as a playmaker and as an assist provider, though he is also capable of scoring goals himself, as well as being an accurate free-kick taker.
- In spite of his lack of physical presence, he is a very hard-working player, and he improved in the defensive aspect of his game under manager José Mourinho.
What nationality is Di Maria?How old is Angel Di Maria?34 yearsWhat is Angel Di Maria’s nickname?Who is Di Maria’s wife?Jorgelina CardosoCan Angel Di Maria speak English?“Hopefully I’ll pick it up quickly.” Di Maria has previously spoken of the language barrier at the club – the fact he speaks Spanish and Italian has not been a problem in the dressing room. He said: “I’ve started taking classes, we have a teacher coming in and I try speaking English to him.
In the year 1988, Ángel Di Maria was born to parents – Diana Hernandez, and Miguel Di Maria. Ángel Di Maria’s Dad was a worker at a local coal yard. On the other hand, his mother (Diana) also works at the same local coal yard. He also helped his parents along with his two sisters, Vanesa and Evelyn.Thank you for taking out your precious time to read news4buffalo’s version of Ángel Di Maria’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Argentine Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Ángel Di Maria, including our Biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Argentian Football Stories from news4buffalo.Marquinhos Biography, Age, Position, Jersey, Career, Net Worth & Wiki