Age: 27 Years
Hometown: Ramanathapura, Karnataka
Marital Status: Married
|Other name||Nachiyar Jois|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 162 cm
in meters– 1.62 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
Film: KGF: Chapter 1 as ‘Shanthamma’ (2018)
TV: Maha Devi as ‘Sundari’ (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||South Indian International Movie Award for Best Actress in a supporting role of the film KGF – Chapter 1|
|Date of Birth||24 December 1994 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Ramanathapura, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Ramanathapura, Karnataka, India|
|School||• New Oxford English School, Bangalore
• Navachethana School, Bangalore
• Poorna learning centre, Bangalore
|College/University||SASTRA Deemed University, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Fine Arts|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Husband/Spouse||Shreyas J Udupa|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Sister– Vaishnavi Simhan, Harshini P Sharma|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Archana Jois
- Archana Jois is a Indian television and film actress predominantly known for her work in the Kannada industry. Some of her most popular films includes K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018), Vijayaratha (2019), Kalantaka (2021), and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022).
- She was fond of acting and dancing since her childhood. She used to actively participate in the various cultural programs in her school.
- After completing her formal education, she decided to pursue with her childhood dream of becoming an actress and started auditioning for various televsona nd films.
- The actress made her acting debut in 2015 with the role of Sundari in the new Zee Kannada serial ‘Maha Devi,’ which aired from 14 September 2015. Sundari, the main character in the series, is an atheist. Archana Jois was praised not just for her ability to captivate an audience with her stunning performance, but also for her beauty and elegance. Her scepticism about the goddess stems from her previous existence as the princess ‘Rajeswari,’ who was an enthusiastic devotee of a deity at the time. Three evil men were on the hunt for the ‘Shri Chakra,’ a lovely piece of divinity, and killed her. Sundari’s character as a reincarnation is given a little twist at this point. The series is built on the rejection of all such notions, and this groundbreaking work presents a previously unknown Sundari character. The actor performed admirably in her role and grew in popularity as a result. She has the look of a girl next door due to her simplicity and beauty.
- She rose to prominence in 2018 after participating in K.G.F: Chapter 1, one of Kannada cinema’s biggest hits. Prashanth Neel’s Indian Kannada-language period action film, written and directed by Prashanth Neel and produced by Vijay Kiragandur, was released on 21 December 2018 and earned a total of 250 crore during its theatrical run, breaking the record for the highest earning Kannada film of all time, and became a cult success. Vasishta N. Simha portrayed Kamal in the film, which also starred Yash, Ramachandra Raju, Srinidhi Shetty, Ananth Nag, and Achyuth Kumar. Talking about her experience working of working with the team, she said,
I am very delighted to work with G Gangadhar under the banner of EK Pictures. I am honoured to share screen space with fine actors like Sidhartha Maadhyamika, Aadukalam Naren, Venumadhav and Tejas.”
- In 2020, she graced the silver screen with her presence in the Tarang TV’s Indian television Kannada language drama series ‘Durga.’ She played the role of Stuti. The plot of the programme revolves around Durjay and Stuti’s unexpected marriage, in which neither of them has a husband and wife relationship. As much as the husband, Durjay, adored his wife, the wife, Stuti, despises him. With her role of Stuti, she received huge critical acclaims and became a household name in n time.
- In 2021, She revealed her involvement in K.G.F: Chapter 2, the second instalment of the 2018 film K.G.F: Chapter 1. Yash, Sanjay Dutt, Srinidhi Shetty, Raveena Tandon, Vasishta N. Simha, and Prakash Raj star in the film. This film’s plot will be based on the Rocky, whose name frightens his opponents, becomes the uplifter of persons struggling at the KGF by supporting and fighting for them after defeating Garuda. Rocky is seen as a saviour by his allies. Now he must face his greatest foe, Adheera, and learn more about his past. The will was released on 14 April 2022 and the film made more than Rs 625 crore globally on the fifth day of its release, making it the ninth highest-grossing Indian film.
- While some individuals are hesitant to portray moms on television, Archana Jois, who is still in her late twenties, did it with ease in KGF Chapter 1. Despite sharing the screen alongside seasoned actors like as Anant Nag, Yash, and Nagabharana, Archana stood out. In the film, she played Yash’s mother, garnering her the nicknames “KGF mother” or “Rocky Bhai’s mother.” She has no regrets about becoming a mother so early in her career. “I am ecstatic to be a member of KGF.” I was astonished and frightened when Prashanth Neel approached me about playing the protagonist’s mother. I am able to do so thanks to my friend RJ Pradeepa, who advised I give the film a shot.
- She will also be appearing in Ramenahalli Jagan directed Kannada film named ‘Hondisi Bareyiri’ in 2022. Talking about her character in the film, she narrated,
I play a character named Pallavi, whose journey, from youth to middle-age is covered in the film. She is a mature, independent and an emotionally strong woman. I fell in love with the character. She appealed to me as an actor. It gave me immense satisfaction to play this role. Hondisi Bareyiri and Pallavi are close to my heart. Her motto is to ‘welcome everything that life throws at you with open arms’, which in itself is a huge learning curve for anyone.”
- Apart from Kannada, Archana has also acted in a Marathi film, called Rajkumar, which was an adaption of the Kannada film, Bombaygala Love and was made by theatre artistes from Maharashtra. Because to the COVID-19 problem, the film was made available on YouTube. Though the pandemic caused some horrible things, it also resulted in a lot of good. Because of OTT, entertainment and cinema have evolved, opening up a broader alternative platform for filmmakers and artists.
- The actress has the experience for working in television and films as well. During an intervire, when she was aksed about the differences she feels in both, she said,
I think today the line between the big and the small screen is almost non-existent. Be it a TV serial or a web-series, both are made just like cinema, when it comes to the cast, cinematography and budget. The small screen has also grown in leaps and bounds.”
- The K.G.F actress is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- She is fluent in Kannada, Tamil, Hindi, and English languages.