Age: 69 Years
Wife: Swapna Saha
|Famous for||Becoming the 11th Chief Minister of Tripura|
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (quit in 2016)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (2016-present)
|Political Journey||• President of BJP Tripura (2020)
• Elected Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha (2022)
• 11th Chief Minister of Tripura
|Date of Birth||8 January 1953 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||69 Years|
|Birthplace||Agartala, Tripura, India|
|Hometown||Agartala, Tripura, India|
|School||• Umakanta Academy, Agartala, Tripura|
|College/University||• Government Dental College, Patna (1982)
• King George’s Medical College, Lucknow (1991-1994)
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Dental Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) india.gov.in
• Master of Dental Surgery (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) india.gov.in
|Address||Masjid Road, Santipara, Agartala, Tripura (W), Pin 799001|
|Relationships & More|
• Asmita Saha (a Doctor by profession)
• Other daughter’s name and profession is not known
Father– Makhan Lal Saha
Mother– Priya Bala Saha
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manik Saha
- Manik Saha is an Indian politician who became the 11th Chief Minister of Tripura. Manik Saha is also an elected Member of the Parliament from Rajya Sabha. He is a professional dental surgeon and a teacher as well.
- Manik Saha, upon completing his schooling in Tripura, pursued his career in the medical field. His ambitions led him to the city of Patna, where he, in 1982, completed his formal education and earned his Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from the Government Dental College in Patna. Manik Saha is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery specialist.
- After practising for almost a decade, Manik Saha, in 1991, enrolled himself in the prestigious King George’s Medical College (KGMC) at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; where he completed his Post-Graduation and earned his Master of Dental Surgery degree in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- In 1994, upon completing his post-graduation, Manik Saha quickly began to climb the ladder of success, and soon became a Senior Dental Surgeon at Tripura Dental Health Service in the Government of Tripura.
- Before joining the Indian National Congress, Manik Saha was serving as a teacher at the Tripura Medical College located in Hapania. He has also served as a professor and was also the Head of the Department at BR Ambedkar Memorial Teaching Hospital in Agartala.
- Since the state of Tripura has only one seat of representation in Rajya Sabha, Manik Saha, hence, is the only Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha from Tripura.
- Manik Saha successfully secured 40 out of 60 seats in the Tripura Assembly and was elected the Member of Parliament.
- When Manik Saha was appointed as the Chief Minister of Tripura; some BJP MLAs showed their anguish and began protesting against the decision of the party. India Today
- Manik Saha is the President of the Tripura Cricket Association. He is also a state-level Badminton player.
President of the Tripura Cricket Association, Manik Saha, with the U-14 state boys’ cricket team
- Manik Saha is well-known in the political world for his clean image. In 2021, under his leadership as the party’s president, Manik led the BJP to a landslide victory against its opponents in the 13 civic body polls held in Tripura.
- In 2019, Manik Saha, as the President of BJP Tripura, is accredited with the enrollment of more than 7 lakh new members in the party. This was done during the BJP’s statewide enrollment drive in Tripura.