Matz Willy Els Sels is a Belgian professional footballer who plays goalkeeper for Ligue 1 club Strasbourg and the national team of Belgium. The footballer made his professional debut for KAA Gent on 14 January 2014 against KV Kortrijk and led the team to victory in the 2014-15 Belgian Pro League championship which was the first national title in the club’s history. During the 2015-16 season, Sels made a splash in the Belgian top-tier League with his breakthrough performance.During that season, he played 32 matches for KAA Gent, including eight matches in the UEFA Champions League. The ‘Professional Goalkeeper of the Year’ award was given to him in 2016. In the match, he conceded a goal. As a result of his shaky performance, he was quickly benched. After missing out on the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the Belgian returned to his country to play for RSC Anderlecht on loan in July 2017. When he got the chance to play for the first team, he kept five clean sheets in 22 league matches.
Matz Sels Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Matz Willy Els Sels|
|Nick Name||Matz Sels|
|Age||30 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Lint, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||26 February 1992|
|Home Town||Lint, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing Video Games, Horse Riding|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not AvailableMatz Sels With His Girlfriend|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Pro soccer management|
|Debut Club||• July 2018: RC Strasbourg Alsace
• 2016: Newcastle United F.C.
• 2017: R.S.C. Anderlecht
• January 3, 2014: K.A.A. Gent
• 2010: Lierse S.K.
|Debut International||• 2015: Belgium national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 1 (RC Strasbourg Alsace)
• 13 (Belgium national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• RC Strasbourg Alsace
• Belgium national football team
|Coach/Mentor||• Julien Stephan
• Thierry Laurey
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6′2″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 74.8 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||11 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Caucasian|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Belgian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
In Lint, Belgium, Matz Sels was born on 26 February 1992 as Matz Willy E. Sels. Along with his parents, he spent most of his early childhood in his hometown Lint. He is Belgian by nationality and Caucasian by ethnicity.Matt started playing for Kontich as a youngster and was always involved in sports. His transfer to Lierse SK in the summer of 2012 made him a first-choice keeper at the tender age of seven.Matz Sels is a private individual. In May 2017, he shared a beautiful picture of himself with a lady through his official Instagram account with a lovey-dovey caption.According to his Instagram, he has been in a relationship with his girlfriend since 2016. Despite that, he has not revealed any information about her.Aleksandar Mitrović Biography, Age, Height, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Matz Sels Net Worth
How much does Matz Sels earn in 2022?Matz Sels signed a contract with RC Strasbourg Alsace in 2018 that carries a salary of £884,000 per year. In our calculations, he earns £17,000 per week and £101.2 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||£7,342,400|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Per Month Salary||£73,666|
|Per Week Salary||£17,000|
|Per Day Salary||£2,455|
|Per Hour Salary||£102.3|
|Per Minute Salary||£1.70|
|Current Contract||With RC Strasbourg Alsace|
|Contract Signed||Jul 26, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount||$4.95 million|
|Market Value||$7.15 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$8.80 Million (Dec 19, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
Matz Sels has a net worth of roughly £7,342,400 since he was one of the highest-paid players at Stade Reims for several seasons. Matz Sels’s market value is slightly declining. Nevertheless, his current market value is $7.15 million.James Milner Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
After starting his youth career at Kontich, Sels transferred to Lierse at the age of seven. He started playing for the first team there in 2010. Sels became the first choice keeper in the summer of 2012 when Eiji Kawashima left for Standard Liège. Against Gent on 29 July 2012, he saved a penalty in his first game in the First Division. When he refused to sign a new contract at the start of the 2013–2014 season, he was demoted to the second team.
- In December 2013, it was announced that Sels would complete a transfer to KAA Gent once the transfer window opened.
- Frank Boeckx’s contract was due to expire at the end of the season, so he would become the number one goalkeeper.
- On 14 January 2014, Sels made his AA Gent debut against K.V. Kortrijk in the Belgian Cup quarterfinals.
- AA Gent qualified for the next round after penalties; with the match ending 1–1 on aggregate.
- Sels played a major role in AA Gent’s victory in the 2014–15 Belgian Pro League, which was the club’s first national championship. AA Gent qualified for the 2015–16 UEFA Champions League following this triumph.
- Sels saved an Alexandre Lacazette penalty on his Champions League debut to earn his team a 1-1 draw with Olympique Lyonnais.
- He was voted Best Goalkeeper of Belgium 2015 on 13 January 2016.
- Sels completed his transfer to Newcastle United on 29 June 2016 for a reported fee of £6.5 million.
- Newcastle’s Sels made his Championship debut on 5 August against Fulham. Four straight clean sheets were kept by Sels between 20 August and 13 September.
- Sels came under considerable fire from Newcastle fans for allowing Aaron Tshibola to score a late equalizer at Aston Villa on 24 September.
- Despite receiving a recommendation from Rafa Ben*tez earlier in the week, Sels lost his place to Karl Darlow in the lineup against Norwich City on 28 September.
- The incident also received considerable media attention in his native Belgium.
- Newcastle’s next League Cup match was won by Sels, who kept a clean sheet in a 6–0 win over Preston North End on 25 October.
In June 2017, Sels joined Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
In July 2018, Sels signed a contract with RC Strasbourg Alsace worth £3.5 million.Simon Mignolet Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In October 2015, Sels was called up to the Belgium squad for Euro 2016 qualifiers against Israel and Andorra.
- On 27 March, he was named to Roberto Martinez’s Belgian squad for a friendly against Saudi Arabia in Brussels.
- His name was included in Belgium’s preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia in May 2018. Unfortunately, he did not make the final 23.
- The rescheduled UEFA Euro 2020 will feature Sels in Belgium’s provisional squad.
- Against Greece on 3 June 2021, he made his debut, replacing Simon Mignolet in the 90th minute.
Romelu Lukaku Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Matz Sels
- Sels began playing football with Kontich FC in 1997 and joined Lierse SK in 1999.
- Sels played for the club’s youth team, Under-17s, and Under-19s before making his way to the senior team in 2010. Despite this, he remained on the bench for the first two seasons of his career.
- After regular custodian E. Kawashima left the club after the 2011-12 campaign, Metz took over as the first-choice goalkeeper.
- In July 2012, Metz made his professional debut for Lierse against KAA Gent in the Belgian Pro League.
- He played for Belgium at the Under-17, Under-18, Under-19, and Under-21 levels.
- He also participated in the 2011 European Under-17 Championship but did not play any games.
- During the 2015-16 season, Sels gained attention with his breakthrough performance in the Belgian top-tier League.
- During that season, he appeared in 32 matches for KAA Gent, including eight matches in the UEFA Champions League. The ‘Professional Goalkeeper of the Year’ award was given to him in 2016.
- In October 2015, Sels was called up for an international friendly against Andorra.
- However, he has never surpassed Thibaut Courtois. In addition, his poor performance at the club level did not help his cause.
- In 2013, Metz signed a contract with another Belgian top-flight club, KAA Gent, after spending three years with Lierse SK.
- During the 2014-15 season, he played a crucial role in KAA Gent’s first-ever Belgian Championships win. In three years, he appeared 96 times for Gent.
- Sels moved to Newcastle United in the summer of 2016 for 5.85 million euros. In August 2016, he made his debut for the Magpies against Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship.
Thomas Foket Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki